Monday, September 27, 2010

Lifeline Book Fair

Sunday was the lifeline book fair. To Taph and me Sunday is the day to go as after 2pm they mark down the books to $10 a bag (or $15 if they decide your bag is “bigger than an average supermarket bag).

We had a somewhat quiet day only returning with two bags full.

I will show you my stash at the end of this post, but a couple of things first.

In my search of the books I found 16 copies of “Dan Browns: The Da Vinci Code” Could there have been a bigger piece of pulp fiction ever written?

Well maybe by John Grisham, or Tom Clancy. There were numerous copies of their books there, but there did not appear to be 16 copies of any one of their titles there.

However in my search, i only found one book by Michael Moore.

Anyway here is a photo of my stash from today.

A quick poll for readers. What is the collective noun for a stack of “Dan Browns: The Da Vinci Code”. A couple of ideas are A Conspiracy, A Pulp or A Pyre? If you can think of anything that seems appropriate post it. The best suggestion posted by 3 October 2010 will win a prize. (it may or may not include a copy of Da Vinci Code).

No comments:

Post a Comment