Monday, July 13, 2009

Growing My Johnson.



I have been doing the search for the pieces to grow my Johnson collection with, and i have had quite a few false positives as i spy plates that look like the set i am searching for, only to turn them over and discover that they are completely the wrong thing.





On their own the "Sheffield Bone White" looks like a "Johnson Brothers Regency White", but when you put them side by side you can see they are very different.
My reactions when finding these pieces (and one set) has ranged from an "oh dam-it" to one occasion where it took every bit of my self restraint to stop myself from smashing the pieces in disgust.

The plates at Salvos jammo


Having said that, if you are looking for replacement pieces for a Sheffield dinner setting in the Bone White Style;

  • Vinnies Gungahlin have a setting for four (well they did last week),
  • Salvos Jamison have 7 dinner plates (but one is very chipped),
  • Salvos Phillip have a dessert fruit plate,
  • as does Aussie Junk in Mitchell.

Oh well my search continues, and i hope this post helps in yours.

A quick update. Here is a photo of two plates found at Aussie junk.

And Salvos Belconnon have two cups and saucers.

No comments:

Post a Comment