Tuesday, April 7, 2009

TOF, jam and wine maker



TSS has a grapevine that has grown over her fence. Earlier in the year i asked her not to prune it, as we could grab the grapes that grow on it, combine them with my grapes, and if all goes well, we should be able to make a few bottles of wine.
My graphs failed. The ants turned them into raisins. It had been so dry they were pricking the skins and drinking the juice. I tried to take some photos, but as none of my cameras have a macro lens, this is the best photo I could get.



However TSS had more success with her grapes (apart from what the possums ate), so last weekend Taph, TSS and myself spent a little while in her back yard harvesting the grapes.



There was no mention of these being used for Grape jam.

No, these grapes were squashed (the traditional way) and are currently fermenting in the bathroom.

The only question is what to call this drop. Chateau TOF is one idea. TOF Juniors Creek is another. Pure Old Panthers is already taken, and besides, i do not follow the Penrith Panthers. Besides, Pure Old Brumbies or Pure Old Raiders, just does not have the same ring.

No comments:

Post a Comment